UAE-based mobile operator Etisalat has confirmed that its consortium was the highest bidder in the auction for the third mobile network licence in Iran in a statement posted on the Abu Dhabi Securities website. The consortium, including Etisalat and Iranian Tamim Telecom, a company owned by the Social Security Organisation (SSO) in Iran , was placed first on a list of consortia in terms of financial offer. The final announcement will be made after official approval. Etisalat's CFO Salem Ali Al-Sharhan said that the telecom market in the Islamic Republic of Iran has a very promising future, mainly due to its rapidly growing population estimated at 73 million and the low penetration of mobile telephony.
Related News From ICTna Archive :
- Etisalat to invest USD 1 bln in Iran launch
- UAE's telecommunications sector
- Etisalat confrims highest bid for 3rd Iranian mobile licence
- A Glance through Iran's mobile market
- Reuters: Etisalat says its Iran licence bid was highest
- Press TV: Etisalat wins Iran mobile license bid?
- Etisalat wins early Christmas present in Iran
- Etisalat wins Iran’s third national mobile licence
- Iran Grants 3rd National Mobile Phone License
- Omantel Shortlisted for Iran's 3rd Mobile License Tender
- Public Invitation for Third Mobile Tender
- Iran's third operator bid
ICTna (Information and Communication Technology News Agency) English Version: http://www.ictna.ir/En/